- City: Chicago
- State: Illinois
- Zip/Postal Code: 60660
- Listed: June 10, 2013 8:26 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Capable of great power as well as subtle nuance, this instrument has a wide dynamic range making it well suited to both solo and ensemble settings. Lightly used, excellent condition.
· This is an extended range hammer dulcimer with concert sound. The soundboard is suspended away from internal frame members by a special bracing system. The result is a much bigger sound than expected for the physical size of this instrument.
· 16 double strung treble courses and 15 double strung bass courses. Additional 4 note and 2 note bridges make this 3 octave, 53 note dulcimer fully chromatic. Plays the keys of A, D, G, C, F, and E. The bridges for the top 2 courses on both the treble and bass bridges are offset to fill in the chromatics for the key of C.
· Woods used include Mahogany, Maple, and Walnut. Black or colored lacquer soundboard to give more string visibility in varying light conditions. Custom wood rosettes cover the sound holes. African Mahogany soundboards and backs. African Mahogany’s medium density provides a balance between the tonal characteristics of a hardwood versus those of a softwood. The resulting sound has good volume without over-sustain.
· Individual loop end strings to make string changing easier and avoid losing the whole note should a string break. Color coded Delrin bridge caps which produce a mellow sound and rapid position reference. Bloack oxide plated tuning pins to provide better holding power and reduce rusting. Expansion slots to allow soundboard movement when subjected to varying humidity and temperature changes.
· Oval openings in the back provides additional sound ports and convenient handholds.
· Includes adjustable hardwood stand, padded case and 4 sets of hammers.
Contact Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information